Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Hoody and I were just talking about how kids say and do the funniest things. Thought these would bring a good chuckle to brighten the day. Maybe Hoody will even add some of his funny stories that happened at church Sunday. (hint, hint, chuckle) - scw in az
____________________________________________________________________
THE WAY CHILDREN THINK.....

NUDITY
I was driving with my three young children one warm summer evening when a Woman in the convertible ahead of us stood up and waved. She was stark naked! As I was reeling from the shock, I heard my 5-year-old shout from the back seat, "Mom! That lady isn't wearing a seat belt."

A little boy got lost at the YMCA and found himself in the women's locker room. When he was spotted, the room burst into shrieks, with ladies grabbing towels and running for cover. The little boy watched in amazement and then asked, "What's the matter haven't you ever seen a little boy before?"

HONESTY
My son Zachary, 4, came screaming out of the bathroom to tell me he'd dropped his toothbrush in the toilet. So I fished it out and threw it in the garbage. Zachary stood there thinking for a moment, then ran to my bathroom and came out with my toothbrush. He held it up and said with a charming little smile, "We better throw this one out too then, 'cause it fell in the toilet a few days ago.

After watching the movie Cinderella, five-year-old Sarah started using her pinwheel as a magic wand, pretending she was a fairy godmother. "Make three wishes," she told her mother, "and I'll grant them." Her mom first asked for world peace. Sarah swung her wand and proclaimed the request fulfilled. Next, her mother requested for a cure for all ill children. Again, with a sweep of the pinwheel, Sarah obliged. The mother, with a glance down at her rather ample curves, made her third wish, "I wish to have a trim figure again." The miniature fairy godmother started waving her wand madly. "I'll need more power for this!" she exclaimed.

ELDERLY
While working for an organization that delivers lunches to elderly shut-ins, I used to take my 4-year-old daughter on my afternoon rounds. The various appliances of old age, particularly the canes, walkers and wheelchairs, unfailingly intrigued her. One day I found her staring at a pair of false teeth soaking in a glass. As I braced myself for the inevitable barrage of questions, she merely turned and whispered, "The tooth fairy will never believe this!"

DEATH
While walking along the sidewalk in front of his church, our minister heard the intoning of a prayer that nearly made his collar wilt. Apparently, his 5-year-old son and his playmates had found a dead robin. Feeling that proper burial should be performed, they had secured a small box and cotton batting, then dug a hole and made ready for the disposal of the deceased. The minister's son was chosen to say the appropriate prayer and with sonorous dignity intoned his version of what he thought his Father always said: "Glory be unto the Faaaather, and unto the Sonnn and into the hole he gooooes."

SCHOOL
A little girl had just finished her first week of school. "I'm just wasting my time," she said to her mother. "I can't read, I can't write and they won't let me talk!"

Little Johnny was thrilled when his turn came to enter kindergarten. To make sure he had plenty of time to eat breakfast and get ready on the first day, his mother woke everybody up early -- so early that it was still dark. After looking outside Little Johnny went down the hall and found his mother dressing in the bedroom. He looked so troubled that his mother asked, "What's wrong?" mustering as much cheerfulness into her voice as she could at that hour. "This is your big day!" Little Johnny blurted, "You didn't tell me I was going to night school."

BIBLE
A little boy opened the big family bible. He was fascinated as he fingered through the old pages. Suddenly, something fell out of the Bible. He picked up the object and looked at it. What he saw was an old leaf that had been pressed in between the pages. "Mama, look what I found", the boy called out." What have you got there, dear?" With astonishment in the young boy's voice, he answered, "I think it's Adam's underwear!"

Kid Quotes
"Everyone has feelings, except for snakes and principals."
- Donna Maria, age 9
"Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and the world laughs at you."
- Rob, age 8
"If life gives you nothing but lemons, make up a better shopping list for it."
- Steven, age 8
"Moses came down with the Ten Amendments, which were God's Bill of Wrongs."
- Susie, age 7
"Doctors automatically know what's wrong with you. They have a sick sense."
- Beau, age 10

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well about 10 years ago, i taught my oldest nephew, then 2 yrs old to tell my mum when we got in trouble for being boys, "We the babies Nana gotta love us"

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(lol) Why am I not surprised. When Hoody gets in trouble with me, he reminds me that he's adorable and I love him. (lol) He also has a way of corrupting kids. (chuckle)

I was hoping you'd tell your "2-4 Verse" story Love. It's a crack up. (xox)

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home