Saturday, October 29, 2005

J.C. and Sammy in
“The Show Off”

It was Friday just before lunch, every Friday the class got back their spelling tests, Sammy got her’s back and it was a perfect 10/10 as they left the classroom with the lunch bell to go to the lunchroom.
Her friend Mark asked her what she got….”I got perfect!! 100%% I studied so hard, I could spell those words backwards and forwards!! It was such hard work, but I’m a really good student because of it.”
Others heard Sammy talking like this, and she spent lunch alone, no one wanted to be around her. After school she talked with her friend, J.C.
“I don’t get it, why do they hate me because I get good marks?”
J.C. shoved his hands into his pockets as they continued walking home, “So you just told them your grade and no one wanted to eat lunch with you?”
“Well I also told them all the hard work and how smart I was…”
“Ahh…see Sammy it’s not the fact you got the best mark in the class, it is the fact you bragged, why did you brag?”
“So they would all know how smart I am.” Sammy Said.
“Don’t they already know how smart you are?” J.C. asked.
“Yeah I guess.” Sammy said.
“So why brag?”
The next Friday when the spelling tests got handed back, Sammy once again got perfect…10/10, as her and Mark walked to the lunch room he asked, “So what did you get?”
“10/10.”

Mark and Sammy ate lunch together…Why? Because like Sammy being a good student, it is not our words and bragging that tells people we love God, it is just being who He created us to be.

(it's a preview of my children's sermon for tomorrow-Hoody in AB).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(lol) This suspiciously sounds familiar. (lol) Did you get this idea from what I told you about what I used to do on spelling tests in grade school? (lol)

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee hee...a preacher never tells...hee hee hee--you are an inspiration in more ways than one (and I used to do the same thing)

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home