Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I am not much of a poet but I can appreciate the talants of others and here is a poem that really touched my heart. May this be all of ours prayer. I can add a scripture verse to go with it. ;D - SCW in AZ
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
John 13:34-35 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. (35) By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Love Like He Loves
by Mary Warner - Where Rubber Meets the Road

I want to love like Jesus loves, I want to learn His way
A love that seeks the other's best, and is not on display
I want to turn the other cheek when wrong is done to me
I want to love like Jesus does with peace and harmony
I want to love like Jesus loves, a love that does not bind
A love that is not rude or cruel, a love that is always kind
I want to keep no records of wrongs that come my way,
I want to love like Jesus loves, I want to learn His way
I want a love that protects, trusts, and always fosters hope,
A Love that will endure to the end of every rope,
A love that is patient, that does not envy or boast,
I want to love like the One, who always loved the most
I want to love like Jesus loves where self can never rule
I want to learn His secrets, and be taught in His school,
Oh if only I can be like Him, how happy I will be
If others see a bit of Him when they look at me

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm--think I might be rubbing off dear, sounds very Franciscan. But excellent poetry, somewhere in the archives on my other blog is a poem I wrote about Christ.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry found this poem before I met you. (big grin) Plus Mary Warner is Baptist I think. (lol) I'll have to go digging through your archives to find yours (big grin)

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found it...intriguing things in my archives...chuckle...and posted it.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home