Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I am a Third Order Franciscan, and today is the feast day of St. Francis of Assisi. Basically the story of St. Francis, is the rich man who surrender all his worldly wealth to go forward into the world and serve the poor, care for God's creation. To live out the Gospel of Jesus Christ in love, humility and Joy.Today we celebrate our need to care for the environment, today we bless our fellow created beings...the animals and show the care they should have from us daily as commanded.
Today we party!
-Hoody in AB

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, recently I was doing some searching around the net and stumbled across the Order of Franciscans. It has caught my interest. I would like to find out more about it before I venture into formally looking for more information.

I know it's a big ask, but could you possibly email me and fill me in on what the order has been like for you, why you became a part of it and what is involved?

My biggest concern in belonging to such an order is the emphasis of a man, St Francis of Assisi over Christ. I don't want to be a follower of men, but Jesus. If that fear can be dispelled, I will be looking very seriously.

Any info would be appreciated. My email address is servantsthoughts@hotmail.com

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home